Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Lliga Catalana Pista 2014 Mataro


The last Saturday, was the Catalunya track championship on Mataro. 
In my category had 3 competitions, Danish elimination, Keirin and punctuation. 



I was going to run the race Keirin, but it never hurts to run in other races to train, investigate other racers and get more experience.



Danish elimination is a race in which the first goal in passing the sprint laps is eliminated. The final classification is the first winner (removed).



Then Keirin consists in a 8 lap race. The pole position is randomly choose, and then all riders go behind the motorbike. This makes 5.5 laps and speeds ups to 55km/h. Finally, the motorbike gets off the track and the 2.2 laps sprint begans. 


In my Keirin round, I get the first position on the random pole. On the 5.5 first laps I was very focused on my sprint. Then the motorbike gets off and I gave it my all. While I was sprinting, I thought I had the other racers so close. But when I cross the finish line, and I turn my head I saw that there was nobody. The other racers crossed the finish line 2 seconds after me.


I'm so happy to win my Keirin round. The other rounds were contested over the finish line , as my team mate Diego , with this magnificent photo finish.


Check out the video of the event! 5:06min begans the Keirin rounds