Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Alpe d'Huez fixed gear hill climb

Sin título

I just went for a ride to Bourg d'Oisans, an small town full of cyclist. Every year I was thinking to climb this port on my PoloAndBike Williamsburg fixed gear no brakes. This time I don't even plan this climb, so I was using a 48-17 gear.

Sin título

I began to climb the first curves (Alpes d'Huez is also know as the 21 virages climb). First hills where so heavy and large, but I was pushing hard to got it!

Sin título

Sin título

Sin título

Sin título

Sin título

The climbing was gettin' more and more heavy, and on every turn I was more tired!

Sin título

3km to the top, the sun was going down, and my legs where burning as hell!

Sin título

Sin título

Finally I made it to the top, was definitely crazy, but the worst part was the downhill! I love to ride downhills without brakes, skiding all around. But riding this hills, with more than 11% inclinations, do large skids was gettin' more speed. So I got to hold back and do little skids to get down this monster hill!

Sin título


Sin título